Sunday, September 2, 2012

WE'RE ALMOST THERE


This week has been a flurry of rush. Strain on the lower back because I had to reach the center of this LOL and viewing this piece on my dining room table for the last time before it goes on my living room wall for it's final pieces 
to be anchored on it.
There's mixed emotions on finishing this; it's given me something to do in my manic moments and yet I'm relieved that it's almost finished. 
The butterfly in the center is 9 inches at it's widest part, laser cut to perfection. I found the shape on Etsy and once it got here I spray painted it with glossy white paint and since there were two, fixed them together for a 3D effect. I'm going to be adding some crystals to it in keeping with the 'bling' feel. I also picked up it's 'brothers' and 'sisters' all in rainbow colors to add to the top. They'll all have crystals on them, and be anchored with wire from the back, curly cueing out for an awesome "pop in your face" kind of look.



Once completed with will also have large flowers on green wire anchored from the bottom back, in an arch pattern that will pop from the bottom sides to give you a feeling like you are standing in the garden looking through an opening.


This has been such a journey.

If you'd like to see a slideshow on this piece click on this link:

To see more cool handmade items from the Etsy shop I found the laser etched butterflies from visit



No comments: