Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A DRAWERING (LOL) OF MY ARTPRIZE "HOPE BUTTERFLY"

Hello! I thought it best to catch up on my blogging so decided to begin with a sketch of my entry for ARTPRIZE. The flowers have been taking on a life of their own as I am getting ready to attach them to the canvas. A lot of these will be on long green wire, curly cuing throughout the piece mostly coming from the bottom. There will be some directly placed on the canvas and also attached to the back winding hither and yon (I've always wanted to use that phrase haha) around other paper flowers and insects cascading upward toward the base of each side of the butterfly rainbow.
The butterflies will be of the correct colors of the rainbow but some will be printed paper, some solid and attached will be crystal beads to the backs of the butterflies for that added bling feel.
I thought it would be fun to have small crystals, resembling raindrops dangling off the top in front of the piece. In doing so when the sun shines it will scatter beautiful sparkles of light across the front delivering just the right touch. But we'll see. These are my thoughts, would love to hear from you.


No comments: