Friday, May 22, 2009

Cherish The One You're With


How to get a husband to help...I just stopped doing everything and not worrying about what isn't getting done. Geoff now washes and dries the laundry, I fold it. He will load the dishwasher and start it, I put the dishes away. If he trims trees, I go help him pick up the branches...I take the trash out, he rolls the can to the curb and brings it back in. We just started sharing the jobs. I never have ever complained, not once about what he doesn't do and it's just been groovy.
If he made me a bouquet of wildflowers and left the mess all over, I'd honestly be astonished and love the wonderful thing he had done. He doesn't bring me flowers but he shows me he loves me by cleaning the toilet, going to work everyday and coming home to me. He shows me he loves me by eating my food too, telling me thank you and that it was good (and I can't cook that great). I know I goof around a lot and try to be funny about everything but when it comes to love and Geoff I get serious when I say I got it all with this guy. He loves to sit on the porch, hold my hand and drink coffee with me while I do all the talking. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I appreciate the little things as well as the big things he does for me and I wouldn't change a moment of the last 11 years we've been together. Something that I think of every day: I cherish this man I married everyday as there may come a time that I will be without him and I'll wish for the mess he leaves by the coffee maker.

4 comments:

Lona said...

Wise words. I'll try to follow in your footsteps...

Dulce said...

Lashelle that was so sweet.
I just read it to my husband as tears ran down my cheek.

DesignsByLashelle said...

Trust me when I say I complained a ton in my first marriage. I made myself unhappy because I couldn't accept little messes. Although that wasn't the reason why my first marriage ended, I decided it was very important in this marriage to appreciate just getting to be next to this man, appreciate what he does for me and learn to ignore the little things that really don't matter. Geoff and i have the rest of our lives to sweep the floor, but we both know that we may not have the rest of our lives to sit, hold hands and love eachother. THAT is what's important.

Janice said...

Very touching. I will have to remember your wise words if I ever get married or am in a relationship. Thanks